I just released version 0.6 of webkit2png.
It’s been 4 years since the last release of webkit2png. That’s too long, particularly when you consider how many people have contributed fixes and features since the code moved to GitHub. In no particular order:
- Support for
webkit-transform, fixing many pages that previously didn’t render correctly (Nate Weaver)
--user-agentoption so you can pretend to be a different browser (Justin Donato, Tobias Tom)
--zoomoption to control text zoom (David Hall)
--transparentoption to render the page on a transparent background (Romain Ruetschi)
- Better handling when output directories should exist but don't yet (James Scott Brown)
- Better timeout handling (Tom Insam, Charlie Somerville, Aslak Hellesøy)
- Better filenames for
https://urls (Sean Hellwig)
- Better handling of very very very long pages.
- Better code to pick right python executable.
- Better documentation.
- Easier installs thanks to a Homebrew Formula (Alexis Hildebrandt)
I’m amazed and grateful that every one of these people took their time to make webkit2png better. Thank you.
Oh, and there’s one more experimental feature that didn’t make the release. I’d love to hear if it works for anyone.■